I beg your pardon...
You may have noticed that our usual newsletter wasn’t in your inbox this morning (that is, if Gmail/Yahoo didn’t send it to spam or promotions).
For that, we apologise. To be honest, it’s been quite a terrible week for us. There’s been a death in one of our families, and an accident and injury in another. And to top it off, all three of us are also out sick. So yeah, this week kinda sucks for us.
It’s also why we couldn’t send you our morning note for the first time since we launched on Apr 1. We might also have to ask for an MC tomorrow, but will be back up and running on Monday.
So, sorry again and see you next week.
The walking wounded of BTL
“Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.”
- Ronald Reagan -
IN INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The conservative majority of the US Supreme Court has indicated that it will support Donald Trump’s attempts to end a programme which protects those who illegally entered the country as children.
- Speaking of the Supreme Court, its justices rejected a bid by Remington Arms Co. to be excluded from a suit brought by the families of victims of the Sandy Hook massacre which saw 20 children and six adults killed.
- Israel-Gaza violence has spiralled with rockets being fired into the former’s territory after an air strike killed a suspected militant.
- The world’s richest are apparently hunkering down for a turbulent 2020 and are ready for a major stock sell-off.
- Online streaming service Disney+ has been hit with technical issues on its launch day, with many users reporting that they’d received error messages.
- Richard Branson has had to apologise after tweeting a picture full of white people to announce his latest project … in South Africa.